Happy May! Welcome back to Optimal Wellness, a health and wellness platform dedicated to helping people live a healthy and balanced life.
The Optimal Wellness yoga subscription and lifestyle coaching are now live! Please go to our homepage to learn more. You can reply to this email with any questions or comments.
This Months Resources
The involvement of the inflammation in depression
- Inflammation is part of the complex immunological response of our body’s tissues to pathogens or damage. This is where they facilitate repair mechanisms. We need inflammation. Without it, we are vulnerable.
- When inflammation is chronic, it can be damaging and goes from being adaptive to driving the diseases that largely constitute what we call aging.
- Suppression of inflammation is thought to be the most important driver of successful longevity.
- Inflammation can become chronically elevated based on lifestyle related choices such as: poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of sleep, and more.
- Systemic inflammation can also increase by psychosocial stress.
- Want to learn more? Check out this video with Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the underlying mechanisms on depression.
Why use a Neti Pot?
- Soothes dry nasal passages
- Removes excess mucus due to congestion
- Rids nostrils of pollen and other allergens
- Cleanses the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants
- Improves flow of breath before yoga/meditation
- Always use sterilized water, such as boiled or distilled water, during nasal cleansing.
- Watch the demo video here.
Yes, you can make your own deodorant! Aluminum-free, limited ingredients, and a natural deodorant that actually works.