Happy Summer! Welcome back to Optimal Wellness, a health and wellness platform dedicated to helping people live a healthy and balanced life.
The Optimal Wellness yoga subscription and lifestyle coaching are live! Please go to our homepage to learn more. You can reply to this email with any questions.
Heart Opening Flow
This Month’s Resources
The 8 Limbs of Yoga: Ethical guidelines on how to live a vibrant, meaningful life
- The Yoga Sutras, compiled more than 1,500 years ago by the Indian sage Patanjali, are foundational to yoga as we know it today.
- In the sutras, Patanjali outlines the eight limbs of yoga, the eightfold path of spiritual growth and self-discovery.
- The eight limbs are:
- 1. Yama: character-building restraints
- 2. Niyama: character-building observances
- 3. Asana: physical postures
- 4. Pranayama: breath regulation
- 5. Pratyahara: introversion
- 6. Dharana: initial stage of meditation as one-pointed concentration by a subjective observer on a chosen object
- 7. Dhyana: intermediate stage of meditation as the flow state between subjective observer and a chosen object
- 8. Samadhi: advanced stage of meditation wherein the subjective observer and a chosen object are mediating an experience of Oneness
The Power of Now
- To make the journey into the Now, we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind.
- Much more than simple principles and platitudes, the book takes readers on an inspiring spiritual journey to find their true and deepest self and reach the ultimate in personal growth and spirituality: the discovery of truth and light.
- The Origin of this Book
Are you planning to grow basil this year? Here is a very easy and delicious pesto recipe that you can use your basil leaves for!
Want to fly for FREE?
Learn to travel hack and fly around the world on points! Click here to apply and receive thousands of airline miles for your next vacation.